Monday, December 8, 2014

In the Guitar Shop: Hitting the ground running!

    

     Erin here! Welcoming you to the second episode of my "Guitar Shop" series!



     First off, I hope you've had a wonderful week and haven't eaten too many cookies, like me. (But if you need a couple good recipes I'll link them at the bottom.) 
     Second, if you're not familiar with Amy Grant's Christmas albums, get them! :)

     Now to business!

     Tip number three comes to you from my friend and previous supervisor, Andrew:

     Tip #3: "Be a super fast learner and don't mess up." And there you have it! ;)


     But really, when you're working on $3,000+ guitars right off the bat, you don't have much room for error. Yes, it would be wonderful if you could be given practice guitars to cut your teeth on, but I have found that if you think it's okay to mess up on a guitar it becomes easy to do a less than top notch job. And where's the good in practicing with that mind set? Sometimes it doesn't hurt to have a little 'fear of God' to help you do your best, right? ;)



Scoring finish

     
     I now give you "Erin's top 4" skills/traits you need in instrument building: 
     
     (In no specific order)  


  •      Great hand-eye coordination  
  •      Creative thinking/visualization
  •      Enjoy working with your hands
  •      Taking pride in your work

    

Oh, and not being afraid of
the occasional splinter


     See you at the next episode of "In the Guitar Shop"! 
     Happy Holidays! :) 
     -E 



P.S. My favorite holiday treats, from my house to yours! :)
     
Chewy Molasses cookies!

Cowboy Cookies!
My Mom's famous chocolate chips cookies! (minus the pecans and coconut) ;)
     
     
     

               
                

     

No comments:

Post a Comment